Sunday, April 26, 2009

This weekend..

This weekend was cold and wet. Swimming lessons were not on with the ANZAC day holiday so we stayed (mostly) at home. There was an emergency run to Just Jeans to buy Ayden the only pair of jeans in his size because he was down to one pair that fit him - not enough to pack for his geography camp this week!

I finished off some not exactly perfect quilting on my Loose Change quilt .. Hooray. It needs to be washed now.... I completed this little bag by Cinderberry Stitches that had been sitting around as a stitchery for awhile. It can now go into the "ready gift" stash.


I've done the maths to increase the size of this quilt pattern to make Maya's quilt. I bought this pattern that I had seen in a magazine as soon as she was born. I just love the scalloped edge to the heart border. So pretty. Just a little peak of the Santa I have have been working on by Bronwyn Hayes too.

We also made Honey biscuits from Spoonful of Sugar and Kathryn's Pizza Scrolls. Both fantastic - thanks girls! Back to the packing now ...

17 comments:

Margaret said...

Thr ready gift stash, is wonderful for finishing off those things that you - just wanted to have a go at. Yours look great. My DD had to get longer pants for a 13 year old this weekend also. Hope he enjoys his geography camp.

Shabby Raggy Roses said...

That little stitchery bag is so cute - I wish I had the patience for hand sewing... I just love that quilt - can't wait to see your's finished!
Best wishes,
Jenelle

Purple Paisley Patch said...

I love your birdie tote and went over to Cinderberry stitches and fell in love with her Birdie BOM. Thanks sooooo much for sharing and pointing me in the direction of Cinderberry! :-)

Jodie said...

Those scallop hearts are great . I have never seen them before. Maya wil love it!

Farmyard Crafts said...

I have a stitchery like that floating around somewhere too!!! One day! What's the Santa stitchery for? Oh, we have that problem here with the kids... nothing fits from last winter!!!

Jo Jo said...

The best remedy for a cold windy day is just that...lots of stitching! Love the little bag and Maya's quilt will be gorgeous I am sure...what colours are you going to make it in?? Jo xoxox

Janellybelly said...

I was wondering what pattern you were going to team with that yummy fabric Maya was holding on her lap - it's going to look beautiful.
I SO need a gift ready stash, then again, I work well under pressure :)
Janelle xx

Calidore said...

Ahh yes that last minute dash for clothes that fit - I know it well. Hope Ayden's camp goes well and he enjoys himself. Love the little stitchery and Maya's quilt is just too cute for words. All those scallops - you are brave.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

You've been busy! Lovely sewing as always. Lucy x

periwinkle said...

ready for gift stash - i wish. Christmas already - scary :-)
lisa x

Chocolate Cat said...

It certainly was an inside weekend! Looking forward to seeing Maya's quilt evolve. Just Jeans have helped us out of a pickle more than once, only jeans that fit my daughter!!

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely bag........I need to get a few things done and into an emergency pile..........

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the pattern for Maya's quilt - the scalloped heart border is gorgeous! It is hard to keep up with how fast teenage boys grow (and eat!) Hope Ayden has a great time at camp.

Sara said...

Love the pattern for Maya! And the stichery bag!

Don't these teenage boys just keep growing! Tom just never seems to have pants that fit him! Hope your son is not as hard as T to fit 29 waist and 34 length! They just don't make those!

emma said...

Hey Rachel,

Just found the quiltaid web page. They have all the blocks up on there so feel free to mention them!

http://www.quiltaid.com.au/

emma

Julia said...

Hi Rachel, it's lovely to finally meet you.
I have admired that quilt in the mags for ages...just love the heart border. perfect for your Maya.
Julia ♥

Simone de Klerk said...

I love the bag you made! Very pretty colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...