Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Background ..

I had a lovely Mothers Day on Sunday. A huge pile of gifts from the kids, breakfast in bed and a bit of time for sewing.
All those squares have turned into the background of this small quilt. (bad photo, more for my reference before I start the applique pinned over the racing cards on Ayden's pinboard again...)
I'm cutting out some hot pink butterfly silhouettes to applique onto it tonight. Oh course I didn't have the exact right shade of pink at home did I! Quick trip to Ballarat Patchwork at lunchtime to grab it, and a very crumbled up quilt that was tossed in the car for the pic.

10 comments:

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Fantastic quilt, looking forward to seeing it finished. Is that a disappearing nine patch? xox

Farmyard Crafts said...

Wow!! What a shame to have to do MORE fabric shopping!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Can't wait to see it again with the appliques!You have used some of my favourite fabrics in the background.

mamaspark said...

I just did this pattern on a king sized quilt and I loved it, no applique on mine though! Can't wait to see your finished product.

The Quilt Buddy said...

Hey Rachel!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love what you have done so far. The Amy Butler fabric is to "die for"! Can't wait to see it with the butterflies on it.

Have a good Monday with your "Fab 4"!

Sara said...

Sounds like a wonderful mothers day! I love the colors in that quilt, so springy and light! And I like the way it turned out too!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Ooooh! That's going to be fab! Can't wait to see the applique! Lucy x

thetwowindmills said...

I love your quilt the colours are so pretty

Whosies said...

i love the background. can't wait to see the applique.

Chocolate Cat said...

what a shame you needed a quick trip to Ballarat Patchwork!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...