Sunday, June 28, 2009

I must, I must ....

Stashbust!

Here is the big reveal on the squares. A couple of dolls quilts that measure 24.5" square.


Not dolls quilts for us, dolls quilts for sale... as soon as I manage to open an Etsy store that is.

My finger I sewed into is heaps better thanks. Poor Maya had to put up with pigtails instead of french braids last week because I just couldn't manage them. I ended up quilting the dolls quilts with a swirly fancy stitch on my sewing machine in a diamond grid and left crinkly from the dryer.

And here is a proud mama moment for me. Kane and Ayden came home with awards last week. Kane has his class achievement award for Grade 1 this week for "working hard to keep his workplace tidy. Kane has a wonderful general knowledge and loves sharing his thoughts".
Ballarat bloggers will know how much pressure Ayden has been under this year. Year 10 is just full on and there are some high expectations on him. So coming home with a Distinction in a national geography competition, and then the Management of Learning award from school, fantastic!

16 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

your quilts looks great........congrats to your boys........excellent job on the geography award........

Maree said...

Glad to hear you finger is feeling better...the proof is in the Pudding...your little Quilts are lovely...Congrats to the Boys on a Great job.!
cheers

Farmyard Crafts said...

Congratulations to the boys on their awards! That's awesome!! Your quilts are great... !! When are you going to find time to make stuff for a shop?! ;) I'm struggling... but would love to!

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Congratulations boys!! Well done! And well done to you too Rachel, dolls quilts are lovely and bright xox

Katy said...

congrats boys - that's great!
Glad to hear your finger is healing up nicely!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Pink and orange are one of my favourite colour combinations! Good luck in your new venture:) Well done to your clever sons - a national Geograpjy award - that is awesome!

Nikki said...

Gorgeous quilts - get that shop happening, girl! You're too talented to be hiding your light under the proverbial bushel.

Congrats to your boys, too. You have every reason to be proud.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Gorgeous quilts and very clever boys! Lucy x

Jodie said...

Well done boys ! Good on you especially Ayden, this year 10 thing has been huge for you. I'm mightily impressed !

Cathy said...

Great achievements boys! That is great - you must be such a proud mum. Love those doll quilts too - maybe that is what I should do with the rest of my stash!

dottycookie said...

Sounds like congrats are due all round at your house this week!

Jantine said...

I love both dollquilts, nice colors too. I wish I could see the quilting better ;-). And of course you should be a proud mom, enjoy them!

Calidore said...

Well done boys. What a wonderful achievement for you both. Love the doll quilts Rachel. Stunning.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Way to go guys!!! Love those awards. Your doll quilts are very cute. I love making the small ones. Quick to finish.
Glad your finger is better.

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Back again! I have nominated you for a lovely blog award because you are lovely xox

Ruth said...

The quilts look great! Hope your finger is better... ouch!

Ruth xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...