Sunday, June 7, 2009

More bears ...

The whimsical bear has been turned into a big basket now. Do you think it would be cute for a baby? Well, my sister Christine sent me an email last week and when I opened up the attachment it was an ultrasound pic! Wooo hooo, another baby to sew for.

We spent most of yesterday visiting Geelong for Christines birthday and a catch up with my other sister Liz, and their families for lunch. Nice!

Ages ago I promised Kane I would refashion his old pj's into jarmies for his bear Stormy. He loved the racing cars on them so much that we couldn't toss them out. Finally today we had a go at them. I've cut as selectively as possible to keep the piping and the button holes. If I did this again I would make sure the jarmies were not so worn out as these ones are.
Kane is pretty pleased with them ... Maya is a little bit jealous.. and Stormy looks very warm.

11 comments:

trasha said...

You get mahoosive Good Mummy points for thise - no doubt :-)

Purple Paisley Patch said...

So cute and such a great idea. We have trouble parting with clothes around here too, so this teddy bear gig could be a go-er. :-)

dottycookie said...

You are a kind mummy - mine have been lobbying for more dolly clothes since Christmas ...

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

That's gorgeous! And I love the teddy p-js! Congratulations on your sister's news too!

Lucy x

Farmyard Crafts said...

It's really cute!! Yay for more babies to sew for! It's nice to keep something that's so loved!! The teddy will appreciate them I'm sure!!

Stephanie said...

Cute! Before you know it Maya will be handing you her pjs to refashion. How fun to have babies to sew for.

Maree said...

Love the Recycling with the PJ's...Congrats on the Baby News..
cheers

periwinkle said...

Congratulations on the family baby , our next one is due in August.... the pj's look great, Stormy isn't the only one that looks happy with them

Lissa Jane said...

oh bless... what a great idea to recycle favourite clothing!
and woohoo @ being an auntie again... I dont think my brother will ever have kids so my neices and nephews are hubs rellies and not mine

Debbie said...

What a lovely idea!!!

Jantine said...

I gather Kane was jealous too when Maya got this lovely quilt. But that is what being siblings is about sometimes, isn't it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...