Thursday, August 13, 2009

Around the Block - Kates Blocks

I was lucky enough to be invited to join the Around the Block Quilting Bee. It's my first online quilting bee, and what an amazing group to be able to work with.

Kate from One Flew Over was first on the list and picked these fabrics that I just love together.

For my first blocks I picked a fairly traditional log cabin block, that showed the character prints that Kate sent, and added a few bits from my stash and Emma's stash. I hope Kate's little boy loves the finished quilt.

15 comments:

Andi said...

I'm sure Alfie will love it (possibly not as much as Kate will!)

Annie said...

They look great Rachael. Well done.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Those blocks are gorgeous! I love the colours and fabrics and how you have put them together!

Lucy x

Renee said...

what a great colour combo - it looks great Rachael

Jilly's Space said...

I love the fabric and blocks, this will make a gorgeous quilt for sure!

Cathy said...

I can't imagine anyone not liking that colourway - it's beautiful.

Stephanie said...

Such a great color combination! Have fun.

Carin said...

Those are great! Love the colors and the log cabin is perfect for that fabric it lets you see it.

Maree: said...

I'm sure he will they look Great.
cheers

RED PEPPER QUILTS said...

Ohhh! So sweet. Love those blocks.

Rita

One Flew Over said...

Andi's right...Alfie WILL love it but probably not as much as me!! Love the blocks you have made - gorgeous and thank you!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Orange and aqua is a winning combination! What sweet blocks.

periwinkle said...

those colours go great together - very fresh

monda-loves said...

what a lovely colour combo :o)

Monda
x

Rita said...

I like colors and fabric as well. Keep you blog update now i will prefer this for my design.

RITA

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...