Friday, August 7, 2009

Working on something?

I've been a bit quiet this week, but things have been happening behind the scenes ... especially after a big parcel was posted.


I had a bit of a look for something to stitch in my pattern box. I really do aim to try all of those patterns that I buy, even if it takes several years to start. Out came "Basket Quilt and Pillows" by Bareroots. I'm using up a few of my left over bits of dmc thread that have lost their numbers, but I think they all go together. It was such a surprise yesterday when I read Bloom's blog and saw that Ros' mum was making the same pattern. I'm very inspired now!

Off came the borders I was unhappy with on this quilt. I've got a few ideas ticking away for some new ones.

And my exciting news ... I'm test sewing for a big secret project for Make it Perfect. Hooray! I just love Toni's designs and these are the fabrics I have picked out for the first one.

8 comments:

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Stitcheries look lovely. I too have patterns building up that I intend to do one day ;) Look forward to seeing how the pattern testing turns out! I like surprises xox

Pat said...

Hi Rachel, I saw that quilt on Blooms blog. I love it. Your blocks are lovely.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your stitcheries are lovely and I can't wait to see what you are pattern testing!

Lucy x

Stephanie said...

You have knack for putting together great fabrics. Pretty stitcheries too. I need to weed out my patterns. I do have many I know I'll never make.

Carin said...

Oh I so need that pattern, I love bareroots patterns and this one is SO cute.

Chocolate Cat said...

I had only just read Bloom's post and thought how nice the pattern was!! I plan to get to the bottom of my pattern basket one day too!

Farmyard Crafts said...

Your stitcheries are looking beautiful!! Well done!! Can't wait to see what the secret project is!! Nice fabrics!!

Stina said...

Love your baskets... love the colours you used!! :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...