Friday, September 25, 2009

Big Bunny ...


I've been carting around the fabric for this bunny since May, with good intentions to make this large bunny to sit on Maya's bed. The pattern was in Australian Homespun magazine 7.11 as Nursery Bunny by Amanda Albert. I've used pincord instead of velveteen as I couldn't find it in the right colour. It was a pretty good alternative and I have embroidered eyes instead of buttons.

Maya has dressed and undressed the bunny heaps of times and she is pretending to drive a bus with the bunny now, dressed down to the petticoat. Yep, that's a 000 babies cardigan the bunny is wearing and she is about 75 cm tall and a 4 year old can squish her head. Oh, and it was footy day at creche today too.

9 comments:

Jodie said...

Even though you told me the size, I didn't imagine it was that big !!

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

She is so big and so darn cute! And I think I have that mag;) I just love how big she is! Kids have heaps of smaller softies but one that size would be really cool xox

Mom2fur said...

Hmmm, which is cuter--your little girl or that amazing bunny? Okay, definitely Maya, but the bunny is sure adorable! I think you should make Miss Bunny a nice wardrobe. (Ha, as if a mom with four has time like that. I should know, my own four range from 19-26, and two have flown--but I sure remember the days of having littles!)

Becky said...

Maya has such a wonderful smile. I would be smiling too if I had that bunny!

ecoMILF said...

that is huge! she has a new best friend! great work, look forward to seeing future creations. Meagan.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

She's huge and FANTASTIC! Lucky, lucky Maya! Lucy x

Annie said...

That's one big bunny Rachael. Love that smile on your little girl - she is SO happy

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a fantastic bunny - she will be so much fun to dress and cuddle.

Whosies said...

love it!!! reminds me of the book...incredible journey of edward tulain. he was porceline, but who cares. still good stories of all the adventures he/she has.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...