Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dollies clothes ...

I wanted to make some clothes for a handmade gift (bunny) to wear for Maya's birthday. When I started I thought that the patterns were cute, but more for show. Half the joy for a little girl is taking them on and off.

So for Maya's nearly four year old fingers, a frilly petticoat with pink tulle layered inside, white bloomers, a pink spotted skirt and an apron. I've bought a matching babies cardigan from Target too. Just a matching jacket to make but I think I might have run out of time. stitch stitch stitch..

14 comments:

Purple Paisley Patch said...

Gorgeous clothes. I want the apron, it is totally scrumptious! Well done.

peppermintpatcher said...

So very sweet!

RED PEPPER QUILTS said...

Oh precious! To be four again! So very sweet indeed.

Rita

Jodie said...

She will just love it all rachel.

thornberry said...

They're gorgeous Rachel - you've been doing especially lovely work lately I must say (sorry I don't comment enough, but I'm reading) and I reckon that Maya will adore them. So delightful!

Annie said...

Just lovely Rachael - Hope to see you tomorrow night.

Jantine said...

If I were Maya I would be sooo happy! I remember the time my daughter was that age. She loved to change dolls too. Stttt. don't tell anyone, she is 12 and still does every now and then, like her mother used to.

Stephanie said...

What a lucky little girl to have a Mom who makes such darling things for her. I can imagine the look on her face when she opens her presents.

Lulu said...

Lovely clothes. Aren't doll's clothes fun to make? But making them removable does take some time.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Oh they are lovely! Maya will be delighted! Lucy x

Wendy B said...

oooo, Maya's going to be tickled 'pink' hehehe. Love your choice of fabrics, what a lucky little girl!
;o) Wendy B

Whosies said...

i love them. how sweet. i am sure they will be loved...even if they are constantly tugged off.

Renee said...

they are seriously cute! I bet Maya will love them :)

clare's craftroom said...

Oh they are gorgeous !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...