Sunday, October 25, 2009

Around the Block .. Lara's Blocks

This weekend I finished the blocks for Lara with the these of pointy or moving blocks such as pinwheels and stars. The first block is called "Millstone"

and the second is called "Martha Washington Star". Really good to do a bit of practice with the points and using fabrics that are out of my usual palette.

Well done to Callum too who has come home with his Grade 3 class award for "using his imagination to wonderful effect during Literacy sessions". Callum is the youngest in his class and, well has had a few seating changes during the year to see if it helps his concentration :). A another well done for his results in the NAPLAN national testing. His scores came though so high that his brothers told us we were reading the sheet upside down. Ahhhh brothers x

Ayden finally picked up his uniform for his new casual job. Four shifts next week, phew!

11 comments:

thornberry said...

Eeeeek! These are just GORGEOUS! I love them and got such a happy thrill to open up my reader and see your post. Thanks so much Rachel - I can tell this is going to be a fun month for me watching my block appear! I am so pleased with how the fabrics are working together and you've done such a great job. Thank you thank you!

Andi said...

Well done Callum!!!
And well done Mum for the lovely blocks!!

Amy (badskirt) said...

Both of your blocks look great! What a great start!

Stephanie said...

Love the Katie Jump Rope fabrics in your pretty blocks. Congrats on Callum's achievements.

Carin said...

Those are beautiful blocks!
Well done Callum, I was also the youngest in my class and had my own attention issues, I think we are compensated for these things by being extra bright ;O)

RED PEPPER QUILTS said...

Fantastic blocks! Love them! Well done to Callum, you must be very proud!

Rita

Stephanie (A Ditchin' Time Quilts) said...

I love these blocks, they are wonderful. I love reading about the families of everyone! Thanks for sharing. Stephanie

Whosies said...

man, those are cute! if points aren't hard enough- throw in that stripe! perfectly done.

Annie said...

Good work Rachael, I am half way through Lara's and it's quite fun doing something a bit different.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Lara's blocks are sensational! Well done to Callum on his achievements. Hope Ayden is enjoying his new job - my 15 yr old son started his first casual job a few weeks ago and is loving it!

Quilts on Bastings said...

I have seen quite a few of Lara's blocks now on different blogs - she is going to have one amazing quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...