Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ayden's Owls..

As well as spending time solidly with his ipod and computer, wandering around games shops and arcades and reading his own height in books, Ayden has finished two owls to give to local foster care, for his Silver level Duke of Edinburgh Awards. The pattern came from this cute tutorial from Mels Own Place and was printed at 100% instead of the recommended 200%.

Ayden added felt eyes instead of buttons and the wings were made and turned instead of having the raw edge (I helped with this tricky bit and the topstitching). More nice work for a 15 year boy!

And some of the latest paper animals from here. My kids just love them.

8 comments:

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

More great work Ayden! They are going to be much loved. Very cute.
Sounds like you have a very well rounded boy Rachel! Very proud I'm sure xox

Andi said...

Cool Ayden!!!
A boy who can sew is a rare and precious thing.
One who can make such great stuff is even better!!!
You rock!!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Ayden is a complete star!

Lucy x

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

Well done on the owls! My 14 & 17 year old would never have the patience or desire to create something like that. I'm impressed! Just curious - What is the Duke of Edinburgh award?

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Very cool!

Stephanie said...

This is great! I have a 15 year old son that sews with me sometimes. He has made three quilts. I have three sons, ages 15, 19, 21 and a step daughter 20. None of them have had interest in quilting until him. I would hate not to be able to pass on my skill to the next generation! Thanks for sharing! ~Stephanie from Maryland

Becky said...

Congratulations Ayden, those owls are fantastic and will be well received I am sure. Thanks for the link to the pattern, I have bookmarked it!

Ariane said...

Those little dresses and the pants are gorgeous. So cute for the summer. The stitcheries are beautiful too!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...