Friday, October 9, 2009

On the line ..

Sorry for the bit of a gap in blogging. The "real" job is pretty hectic right now. Late nights and franticness for the past few weeks.

But there has been some sewing! On the line you can see the Popover Sundress from Oliver and S. The pattern for this cute, cute dress is free along the sidebar of the linked blog. I enjoyed making this dress so much that I made another, then went out and bought a pattern for another outfit.

Also on the line are some Fancy Pants from Make it Perfect. I think I have nearly all of Toni's patterns already! I made the fancy pants from a remnant piece of white drill fabric I found at Big W for about $3.50 and some fabric from my stash for the double hem variation along the bottom. These will be so useful for Maya during summer.

Maya did let me take a quick pic of her in the little dress. She had her 4 year old immunisations yesterday and isn't the smiliest little girl today. See her poor arms with their bandaids.

I've also finished three stitchery needlecases which will be (finally) sent out to the other winners in my giveaway (sorry for the delay Jantine and Jilly). I've used plently of scraps to make these, and the stitcheries are on a hankerchief linen using verigated blue thread. The pattern from Cinderberry Stitches can be downloaded here.

11 comments:

Linda said...

so many pretty and gorgeous things going on at your place Rachel these clothes are adorable and I love love love the needle cases!

Farmyard Crafts said...

Rach... your clothes for Maya look awesome!! Poor Maya... ouch... needles. I still haven't taken Jackson yet. Should make an appointment for that shortly!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Maya's dresses are gorgeous! Farmers market is one of my favourites.

silverpebble said...

Maya is a beautifully dressed young lady. What a lucky girl.

Beautiful stitcheries you've made there too.

Carin said...

Great job on the dress as well as the needle cases. Dang those "real" jobs anyway.

Jantine said...

Wow, what a lovely clothes. Maya is a lucky little girl with a mother who sews this perfect. I wish my girl was still little and wanted to wear homemade clothes. Sigh.
are you really telling me one of these gorgeous needle cases is coming my way? I am thrilled!

Jodie said...

I hope the day job slows down a bit Rachel. It really does get in the way of the important stuff.

Roberta Granada said...

Hi, I love your blog, I have a blog on tb craft in general and now I'm offering my readers to download the magazine found the net, http://agulhaetricot.blogspot.com, e visit me my blog about food http://alatitacarre.blogspot.com ,visit me, and also appears in my online shop Maison Carré by Tita, http://maisontitacarre.blogspot.com, kiss.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

You've been so busy and so productive! I don't know how you do it all as I know how incredibly busy you are at work! I'm finding working is really cutting into my creative time and I don't like that one little bit!!!

Lucy x

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful outfits for Maya.......

Kate said...

Great little dresses. I'm going to have to check out that pattern thanks for the link. Hope Maya's arms are feeling better and that your real job eases up soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...