Sunday, November 15, 2009

Around the Block November - Lynn's Blocks

Lynn sent out her fabrics in October for the Around the Block Quilting Bee, with the theme of zig zags. We were able to add matching solids that would tone into the Wonderland fabric, and blocks had to finish 15.5" sqaure.

Lots of maths was needed to make these two blocks :), a wonky strips zig zag and a block using half square triangles. There have been a lot of variation on these blocks within the group, and Lynn's quilt should look amazing!
And, there is a giveaway not to be missed - the Mega Make it Perfect Giveaway. Toni has the best prizes up for offer. As I already have most of Toni's patterns and I am lucky enough to be a pattern tester, I thought I had better not enter, but please check out what Toni is up to!

5 comments:

thornberry said...

Gorgeous work Rachel - I'm certain that Lynn will love them! I'm looking forward to seeing her finished quilt.

Stephanie said...

Wow...I LOVE those blocks! There is a reason I don't participate in some block swaps...the math!

Annie said...

yours are AMAZING rachael!!!

Lynn said...

I LOVE them! I am so impressed with that you were able to figure out the maths!

Helen said...

These look beautiful! Have just finished mine. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...