Monday, November 30, 2009

Doves for Christmas?

The boys have been asking me when I am going to start making bags to give to their teachers. Actually I have started them, but I thought I would try these doves from Rosalie Quinlan's new book, "A stitch in time"

Maybe I will keep going with the bags for the boys teachers, but make a dove for each of Maya's carers at creche. They were pretty easy to make, and I used bag batting in the wings and attached them with a button so that the wings can be positioned, and embroidered the eyes, because, well, I have no black beads. Nice to use what I have at home.

9 comments:

Stephanie (A Ditchin' Time Quilts) said...

Rachel, I love these Christmas Doves! They are beautiful. I also can't believe your son is doing flying lessons! OMG. I have three sons and have a hard enough time with them driving much less flying something!

I am having a giveaway on my blog of an antique doll quilt! One week left for the drawing! Thought you would like to know!

Thanks, Stephanie

Margaret said...

Your choice of fabric sets the doves off beautifully. You certainly have an eye for detail. Ayden looks so happy , happy flying Ayden.

Bernadette said...

Hey Rachel, very cute!

Stephanie said...

Very pretty dove. Lucky teachers/caregivers your children haven.

RED PEPPER QUILTS said...

Just so cute! What lovely gifts for Xmas!

Rita

Chocolate Cat said...

These doves are gorgeous! I have no proper teachers presents this year, we will just make some shortbread. Next year I have one in year 12 so plan to start a few special presents in January!!!

Renee said...

they are so pretty made up in that fabric - lovely Christmas gifts.

our shabby cottage said...

They look really great Rachel. See you tomorrow night?

Farmyard Crafts said...

Great doves Rach! I need to do something for the kids daycare carers... but was just thinking that I may have been running out of time!! But... I just need to get organised!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...