Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hats off..

It's Melbourne Cup day today so Maya has been busy at creche making her Cat in the Hat, Racing Hat. What a shame the Cup race clashes with Playschool, so I think I know which one we will be watching.
Hat by Maya, Pants made by me. Just love them for a play at creche and looking a bit scruffy this afternoon. Brown homespun with Wonderland butterfly print waistband, pockets and front tie. The pattern is Sandbox Pants by Oliver + S from Kelani Fabric.

Still working on my Christmas stitching too ... a sneaky peak

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Maya looks so happy in her cup day hat. Is the stippling done by hand ??

our shabby cottage said...

Ah, she looked great Rachel! I watched the cup and actually felt a little excited this year!

Bev C said...

Maya is definitely the "Fashion of the Fields winner"

Katy said...

she has such a beautiful smile - I have a feeling with a smile like that she'll be able to persuade the male members of the family to do pretty much whatever she wants.

I'm not a natural stippler either - it's one of the things I am determined to master this year (better get a move on, hadn't I?!)

Chocolate Cat said...

What a cute hat! I had to compete with the Hanah Montana movie to watch the cup!!! They are very cute reindeer in the sneak peek!

Karens Hopes said...

I love those reindeer, your stitches are so tiny.
Karen

Renee said...

I finally started my Christmas stitching this week too. Yours looks great - I look forward to seeing the whole project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...