Friday, December 11, 2009

Joy..

Joy! My secret santa swap has arrived from the USA. My secret santa is Teresa who made this beautiful stitched ornament for me, all wrapped in the fabric you can see behind it. Thanks Teresa and Elf Chookyblue for this swap. The present for Christmas day has been hidden away from temptation .. Thank you!

Today has been busy with the last day of school. I've been to the big church service and walked a looooong way from the closest car park to hear Callum sing and Kane narrate. Nice work boys!

Yesterday was the school fair that supports the schools sponsorship of two overseas children. I think Ayden went just to show off to his old teachers how tall he is now. Callum and Kane managed to buy themselves two cans of softdrink each before I got there and were buzzing all night.

I took Maya and Ayden into the "real job" office at lunch time today so they can see this baby fruit bat who is being fostered by one of the staff from our Melbourne Office. It's 7 weeks old and drank from a bottle. The kids were pretty impressed.
I'm hoping to make something this weekend a book, Making Children's Clothes by Emma Hardy. Beautiful. I bought it here so cheaply with free postage to Australia.

6 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

Afraid bats are not my favorite although this baby looks very cute!

Jantine said...

I wish I could see a bat this close ;-). Your kids are looking great and of course AIden want to show his teachers how he is doing! I remember I did when I was his age. Went to school with my little sister when I could.

Purple Paisley Patch said...

Thanks for the tip on the Book Depository, the books are so well priced. I'd be interested to hear what you think of the book, perhaps you could do a little review? How many projects, what sort of projects etc
Thanks again for the tip.
Kelly :-)

mandapanda said...

Oh I love fruit bats! (unlike many people around here because of the hendra virus having killed one of local vets recently) Except when they eat my mangoes like thay did last night...they can eat anyone elses but not mine. I'd love to be vaccinated for the elicies (don't know how to spell it) virus so that I could work with these amazing animals. one day yes but for now I'm already a pincushion so no more just yet.

Becca said...

That ornament is beautiful.

Bats, on the other hand... hehe

Janellybelly said...

I am hopeless with peaking at presents, keep up the resistance!
I am also a huge fan of The Book Depository, I just ordered some more books for Christmas presents yesterday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...