Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Puzzling..

I've finished puzzling out this new stitchery design.. ready to cut out, add some patchwork and make into a cushion. A few little details to go, then the pattern to write up.

Maya was really a bit hot today but she did strike a pose for me to show her dress. I've had this pattern Simplicity 5118 for maybe 3 years thinking that I would make a few things for her and thought I had better get going. The dress is a little short but still pretty cute.

The hat is from the Making Children's Clothes book too. It's the second one that I have made. The first one was a bit small for Maya (should have known, the kids all have big heads..) and was given to my niece at Christmas. I adjusted it a little and Maya picked out this owl fabric with an orange spot lining/reverse side. Very quick and easy to make.

8 comments:

thornberry said...

The stitchery looks great - I'm looking forward to seeing the finished result! Love Maya's dress - she's such a cutie and that dress looks lovely and cool. Hope that you had a good Christmas Rachel (and I'm already getting excited about Sewjourn even though it's not until May...)

clare's craftroom said...

And what a gorgeous pose she did strike , gorgeous dress !

Jantine said...

Maybe you can sew something from a different fabric underneath the hem of the dress, like pink. Might look great!
Love the hat too!

Liesl (Hoppo Bumpo) said...

Your Maya looks gorgeous - I love the little hat (I have preschoolers with such large heads that we often go for adult sizes!).

The stitchery is very cute, too!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your stitchery looks fab but the photo of Maya is the best - she looks absolutely gorgeous! And I love her new dress and hat too!

Lucy xxx

WendyBee said...

Oh, if I had a little Maya, I'd be making pretty little dresses for her and snapping away with the camera! Well, I can dream, can't I?
WendyBee

Farmyard Crafts said...

Your stitchery looks awesome!! Well done!! Maya's dress is cute too! I made a similar one for Missy Moo last year... and it was rather short too!! Made the right size... might need to lengthen the next one!!

Blue Mountains, NSW said...

Love the new stitchery design Rachel. And Maya, as usual is very cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...