Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's a skirt... oh and a robot cushion

Yesterday we spent most of our time next to the radio, traditionally listening to the Hottest 100 during Australia Day. I sewed up this skirt using the "Cute Skirts" pattern by Favorite Things.

The skirt is very quick and easy to make and I lengthened the skirt a bit for my height. I do really like this pattern and next time I make it, I will make the panels at the back the size smaller. The back is elasticated and I prefer the flatter look to the front. I figure if I make the panels just that bit smaller, the skirt will gather less at the back.

Ayden told me that the ducks on the skirt look creepy, so I guess this one will be for home :) For some reason I only saw spots on the fabric when I bought it!

Handy Ayden also told me that I needed to make more of this cushion red, so a quick trip to Ballarat Patchwork to buy the last fat quarter. Trust me to design the stitchery first and the construction second... and Ayden should get back to his Geography homework too.

14 comments:

Becky said...

I don't see any creepy ducks...

Katy said...

I had to enlarge the pic and then it took me ages before I saw any ducks. I thought Ayden was seeing this...seems our old eyes don't see the finer details? Beautiful skirt - beautiful fabric (creepy ducks or not!)

LOVE the cushion too!

Jan said...

I guess boys Ayden's age just don't 'get' cute, Rachel. I think your skirt is just ducky!

Renee said...

I like the ducks! There is another fabric from that range with hidden rabbits too :)

Stephanie said...

Boys! I only see spots too and I enlarged the pic. Darling robot pillow to be.

Jantine said...

I think I wouldn't have seen the ducks either (still don't, even if I enlarge the picture), so you might be save wearing it outside too ;-0. Love the robot pincushion. Lucky you for the last fat quarter!

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

Ducks elude my eyesight as well. Sorta see a bill but can't spy the ducks!

Love the robot stitchery. My oldest would be so envious. Better not let him see that one.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

It took me ages to find the ducks!! But I think they're great! Love the cushion too! Lucy x

WendyBee said...

I like the skirt. See no ducks, creepy or otherwise. Wear it wherever you like!
I really love the name Ayden...if I had had another boy....that may have been his name.
WendyBee

our shabby cottage said...

I can't see any ducks, and I enlarged the picture too. I think I better go back and have another look.....

our shabby cottage said...

OH.....!

Lisar said...

What Ducks? I too only see the spots....Oh well

SewAmy said...

love the skirt, and the embroidery.

Cass said...

I've got that fabric in 2 colourways and didn't see the ducks either until I looked closely when sewing with it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...