Thursday, January 7, 2010

Recycle .. toddler dress to sweet pj's

Finally, finally, I am on annual leave from the "Real Job", hurray! Nearly a month off work. The kids who have had to be very patient and good while I worked madly finishing off the reports, and Matt and I juggled our jobs around the school holidays, are now doing the fun things that were promised.

And I managed a bit of sewing. I noticed that Maya is a bit short on summer pajama's and thought I should be able to fix that.

This poor shirred toddler dress that I made a couple of years ago has been unpicked and made into shorts and binding for the pj's (first pic). No cost pajama's using bits and pieces from a range of patterns in my stash. Maya was pretty unhappy about the unpicking of the dress, but she is pleased now.

A bit more shopping at the Book Despository before Christmas (some photoshop and illustrator books too) so I am full of ideas!

6 comments:

Tanya said...

ooh, I did a bit of pre christmas shoppin gfrom there too. It's abit too easy!

Stephanie said...

From cute to even cuter! I need a class on computer-ish stuff and photography but I fear "old dogs can't learn new tricks" in this department. :o)

WendyBee said...

Clever Mama! Way to get the most out of good fabric! Lucky Maya!
Thanks for your visit to my blog. Somehow I had it in my head that you were in the UK....clearly not so! (Anybody who has ever played Trivial Pursuit could tell you that I am geographically challenged, but I try not to let it show....)
Enjoy your summer break. Don't judge me for being jealous.
WendyBee

Renee said...

I love the book depository too - such good value, I don't know how they make any money! I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Love the PJs!

Krafty KJ said...

Just gorgeous. What a transformation - and how satisfying to repurpose that dress. Well Done!

Whosies said...

material obsession!! i need that one. Everytime i go to the shop i sit and stare, and read, and stare some more....lucky you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...