Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Summer ..

For the past few days we have been trying to enjoy the holidays and keep cool too. Our days have ranged between 37 degrees and 40 degrees. Trips to the swimming pool, movies and late evening trips to a lake and playground to stretch our legs and scare away some of the cabin fever. Very appreciative of our new air conditioner too. Sweet pic of Maya taken by Ayden.

I've been tackling the scrap box (when I was brave enough to get close to the iron) to make a start of my strip piecing for Stephanie's challenge. Kane was my helper. Photo by Kane.
A few bundles arrived today.... packages from Sweet Pea Fabrics, HomeGrown Pillows and patterns from Sewing Garden. They were bargains too!

8 comments:

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

Oh, I am dreaming of summer...not quite that warm though. I actually look forward to ironing, pressing, folding warm clothes from the dryer, and washing dishes 'cause they all involve something warm! Thanks for the warm thoughts.

Margaret said...

Kane has an eye for the camera eye lovely quiet shot.

Stephanie said...

Kane has a good eye for color! With those yummy scraps you're going to have terrific string projects.

clare's craftroom said...

That is a gorgeous photo of the little one ! I love the strip piecing but my scraps don't seem to be going down at all .... Congratulations on your profile for next month that is so exciting , can't wait to read all about you .

WendyBee said...

We've been hearing about your record-breaking heat in our news here. Hope you get some relief soon. your pictures are lovely.
WendyBee

Handmade said...

Yes, keep cool - looks like some great projects.

Becky said...

Great photo Ayden!

I have ordered PJ's from the Sewing Garden, looking forward to new winter PJ's for me this Winter :)

Bernadette said...

gorgeous fabrics Rachel!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...