Monday, January 18, 2010

Taaa daaah ...Art Smocks

Last night I finished appliquing the initials to the front of the boys new art smocks. I don't know what my problem was, but they were sooo tedious to make. Maybe it was all the binding that goes right up the back, about 2 metres in each art smock. They were made using Kane's old smock that I unpicked as a pattern.

The boys are very pleased with them, and Callum took one look at the fabric on the initials and commented that I would have to put spotted fabric in there somewhere! Yep, that's me. I'm very hopeful that these smocks won't go missing and I won't have the kids with the big black stripes on their school uniforms this year.

And best of all ... I saved enough money on these to buy myself some new scissors. Clever!

10 comments:

Jodie said...

New scissors. I fear I have lost my best ever scissors....I may have to re-mortgage the house to by a new pair...

the boys will have the smartest smocks in the art room.

Margaret said...

Ah! I remeber those times well

Alicia said...

Super cute! Actually I'm sure my boy could do with one soon. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

annie2006 said...

they look brill :)

Tammy (Mom to this crazy bunch) said...

Very nice. I may need to whip up something like that. Thanks for the idea.

WendyBee said...

Pat yourself on the back for a good job well done.
WendyBee

Farmyard Crafts said...

Good job Rach! Good to save money!

Jantine said...

Good job to save money to buy new scissors to cut more fabric to sew more smocks. O no, I don't think you will do them again any time soon. By the way, do you have IKEA somewhere around. They do sell them for hardly anything. So you know where to go when these do get missing ;-)

Chocolate Cat said...

I wonder where all the art smocks go!!! They never seem to come home at the end of the year. Have had our share of 'painted' clothes in this house too!! Enjoy your new scissors, what a treat.

Becky said...

The smocks look great. I have to make one for Possum this year as her crafty efforts are getting messier.

I think I will save myself some pain and just buy a pattern. Surley with two children over a couple of years it will be a good investment!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...