Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Blocks for Badskirt Amy ~ Around the Block

This months Around the Block was a double month, with Amy also sending out a very cute package. Honestly, I couldn't believe my luck with a red and aqua theme and some japanese fabrics that I have never seen before.

Amy's theme was a "teeny, weeny village" and the image had to fit inside a 5" square to be finished into a 7" block. What did challenge me was the "less is more" preference as I usually go a bit overboard with detail.

I managed these three little blocks, with of course ... a monkey house!

17 comments:

Renee said...

LOVE that monkey house! I'm a red and aqua fan too. When is it your month?

Andi said...

Cute cute monkey house.
A perfect addition!!!

Jodie said...

Oooh I love the one with the pigs ! I think these are my favourite style so far!

thornberry said...

Rachel these are superb! My favourites of the blocks made for Amy.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

It is going to be such a sweet quilt with all the little houses I have been seeing around! The Monkey house was the perfect contribution.

Jo Jo said...

Very cute indeed...!!!Jo xo

Jantine said...

I want to live in that monkey house, but I am afraid it is too small ;-(

Stephanie said...

Absolute cuteness. Darling monkey house.

Jilly's Space said...

So cute! Love the owl :-)

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Those blocks are absolutely brilliant! Can you send them to me instead? Pretty please????

Lucy x

Amy (badskirt) said...

I really can't thank you enough!! All three of these blocks are terrific. The floor door knob at the pig's place is just ace. I'm very lucky and will watch my mailbox closely as it's sounds like a few people may be raiding it for these!

monda-loves said...

I love the one with the piggy - super cute!

Monda
x

Betsy B said...

I've only just discovered your blog and I'm addicted.
I adore these blocks - red and aqua together are superb.

Chookyblue...... said...

cute blocks......

our shabby cottage said...

They are fantastic Rachel.

ZippyZippy said...

Love those little houses,
Amy will be very happy

Whosies said...

the details of the fussy cut is great! so cute teensy weensy houses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...