Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shearwater Kaftan - Make it Perfect Pattern

I'm very lucky to be a pattern tester for Make it Perfect. This week Toni released the pattern, the Shearwater Kaftan. Sorry about my pic, but a thunderstorm is on its way, but I wanted to give everyone the chance to win this pattern.

Because I was just testing the pattern, I have used fabric from my stash that I was not too worried about, so it is definately not as cute as Toni's version! I just love this pattern, with two neck variations, side splits, a tab on each sleeve so that you can wear the sleeves up or down, and a slightly fitted shape. I've worn this top to the pool and it is great to toss on over the bathers. I've recently bought some polycotton with a bit of stretch to make a version to wear with jeans.

There is a chance to win this pattern (and some great pics) here. Entries are drawn on 12 February. Good luck!

8 comments:

blue ginger designs said...

hi there! noticed your from ballarat. so am i. love your blog

trasha said...

I am just starting to fall in love with the whole 'kaftan-y top' thing. The 70s left me emotionally scarred ;-)

debbie said...

Hi Rachel, Looks like a great pattern. It would be nice in Amy Butler fabric. Another Ex Ballaraterian (is that a word). Pls pop me in the draw.

Becky said...

I entered to win this and thought I would just order it anyway. It looks great and super comfy so I can't wait for the pattern to arrive!

Stephanie said...

My 9th grade home ec project was to make a kaftan (it was called a dashiki). LOVE this pattern. Complimentary to all figures.

SewAmy said...

i saw this on her blog. i want this pattern. so cute.

Renee said...

cute! Do you think a beginner like me could sew this one?

Annie said...

It looks great Rachael - I think I could make one of those.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...