Friday, March 19, 2010

More fabrics for Around the Block ..

I'm pretty happy with my fabrics for my blocks for the Around the Block swap. I've created an inspriation gallery on flickr here, and of course as a natural worrier I sent off a quick email to Lara for advice on how much fabric I should have. Now I have ordered 7 more yards of fabric on etsy to add to this pile, and picked up some more red spot and brown homespun from Ballarat Patchwork. Fingers crossed that I will have enough.

Today Maya and I went and watched Ayden perform at the school "House Music" competition. You would think that a school that is so focused on the academic results of the students would take so much time out for performing arts, but they do. All student at the senior school have to perform, just like in the House Athletics or House Swimming with a themed 10 minute performance that involved music, singing and dancing. Ayden had a nice spot at the back :) but good on him. All the rehearsals have been during study and lunchtime so Ayden will be pretty happy to have those study times back.

Pattern writing this weekend. Knew I should have done it over the Christmas holidays. My deadline from Homespun was a bit sooner than I expected...

3 comments:

Jodie said...

He's probably happy to have his lunchtimes back as well !!

ZippyZippy said...

OOOHHHH - very yummy fabrics,
think I might track some down

clare's craftroom said...

Love the fabric ! Funny how deadlines have a way of sneaking up .

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...