Friday, March 5, 2010

Nearly my turn ..

My turn for the Around the Block, flickr blockswap is April. For months I have been thinking of what to do. I have watched everyone in the months in front of me produce challenging ideas and interesting fabric, and end up with fantastic blocks.

I've taken the first step now and this bundle of half yards arrived today from the Riley Blake range called "All Stars". My plan is to suggest bold blocks that can be split to make quilts for Callum and Kane, that match in fabric but vary in design. I'll add to them and I will also be confident that no ones blocks will miss out or end up on the back. Now I just need to go through all my scraps to look for co-ordinating fabrics.

9 comments:

Amy (badskirt) said...

Oh! I'm so excited. I haven't worked with this range yet except for the blue circles which are on my handbag. It will be heaps of fun. All of the stars and circles lend themselves to interesting shapes and ideas and you can never go wrong with stripes!

I can't wait to see what you decide to add to it. It's yummy already. Thank you for letting me help out.

Helen said...

Looking good already!

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely fabrics.......have fun......

AJ said...

Love this fabric! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Annie said...

Looks good Rachael - I'm glad I still have more time

Stephanie said...

Great guy fabrics. Looking forward to seeing the blocks you receive.

WendyBee said...

Love the splash of colors, and the motifs are good too. Have fun! I'll just live vicariously for now.
WendyBee

ZippyZippy said...

I love those fabrics, have been going to add some to my stash for a while. Cant wait to see what they turn into. Did Bianca mention our weekend sewing retreat at Great Western to you? Feel free to pop up to stay or just a visit. I will be doing a class at Ballarat Patchwork on Thursday, then heading up Friday.

sewjourn said...

Ooh they look good!Can't wait to get them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...