Monday, March 1, 2010

Sewing with double gauze ..

Toni sent me this cute fabric as part of a thank you for testing the Shearwater Kaftan pattern, even though it is always a pleasure to test sew for Toni! Over the weekend between all the other commitments I made this top for Maya. The fabric is actually very light double gauze (I think) and I thought that this long top would be really sweet layered with a pink or red top and jeans for creche.
After a big long day at creche, Maya was such a good girl and put the top on and gave me a very tired smile. I used the Simplicity 5118 pattern that I used as a dress here, but simplified it and made it a little larger, and cute a couple of inches off the bottom to make it tunic lenght. Great basic pattern.

9 comments:

Jan said...

That's such a sweet dress, Rachel. but anything would look good on your lovely assistant! Hope you are having a good week.

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful............lovely pattern.......

make it perfect said...

Woah! Rachel..you are speedy!

Looks fantastic - glad you got good use out of the fabric :)

Nikki said...

Gorgeousness all 'round. THe fabric, the dress and your gorgeous girl. Good to see that you're getting some non-testing sewing done ;).

thornberry said...

Super cute dress Rachel! Lovely little model, beautiful fabric - perfect combination!

Jantine said...

Lovely tunic on a sweet little girl. I think you are right it will look great with jeans and a red shirt!
The fabric is to die for!

WendyBee said...

What an absolutely adorable child! Lucky both of you!
Sigh... I think I'll be smiling now for the rest of the day.
WendyBee

Becky said...

What a lovely thank you, and lovely dress :)

Janellybelly said...

How beautiful, I especially love the fabric print :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...