Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tiny peeks at some of the secrets...


This week I have already managed to finish off some of the secret stitching. Above is the last block from some sample sewing for Ballarat Patchwork, the third block that I have completed for this project. There was a lot of tricky needleturn applique on this one!

This was something a little bit different. Julie from Firefly Design in the USA asked if I would embroider a collar for her daughters Easter dress. I was asked to create something pretty, feminine and springlike, that would match with a soft duck egg blue fabric. This section was designed to go around the base of one side of the collar, and there is another one stitched in reverse for the other side. I have used Crabapple Cottage patterns for inspiration on this one. I just can't wait to see how the finished dress will look!

And a tiny look at the latest pattern tested for Toni at Make it Perfect. Just wait until you see this one! My family can't leave it alone ...

7 comments:

Little Green Doll said...

Your stitching is great! I can't wait to see it finished!

Jantine said...

Thanks for the sneak peeks, they are exciting! And your stitching is very neat! Lovely little stitches...

Linda said...

Lots of WIP's going on in your sewing room Rachel. Lovely peeks, thanks for sharing.

Whosies said...

how cute! i love all the little peaks and can't wait to see the finished results.

http://patchworkposse.com/blog

Linda said...

oh it's all sooo gorgeous and I am especially loving the secret stitching, it's beautiful. Thanks so much for the name changing thoughts I really appreciate it xx

ZippyZippy said...

I love that little robot project!
Thanks for calling in to say hi at Ballarat Patchwork last week.

AMIT said...

Great work done.

data entry india

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...