Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mothers Day .. without kids ..

On Saturday it was Ayden's year 11 Presentation Ball. Huge! 500 guests, expensive tickets for 2 people only, fancy dress and a partner picked out depending on the students height. (Matt is cropped out because he is blog-shy)

That's Ayden and me. Yep, he is 6'3 and 16 years old. Matt and I were so proud of him, with the ballroom dancing, this partnering, and for dragging me through the Pride of Erin on the parents dance.

So with all this happening, Callum, Kane and Maya were off to their grandma's for the night and didn't get home until nearly 4 today. Ayden didn't get home after the Ball afterparty until nearly 3 am, then off to the casual job this morning for the breakfast shift. I had a quiet Mothers Day. It's very noisy now though :)

The colour is a bit bright on these pics, but just to show you I have finished something. I've been averaging a day a week in Melbourne for work so I've been knitting on the train. Two cute tops for Maya to wear at creche.

Back to Melbourne tomorrow, so I'll be using my first Noro wool bought at Stitches and Craft show last Thursday. I snuck in quickly before a work conference - yay!

Happy Mothers Day x

10 comments:

Maree: said...

A Lovely Photo...Your Boy has certainly Grown...Love the little Tops for Maya..it's amazing how much Knitting you can get done on the Train..
cheers

peppermintpatcher said...

The little cardigans are gorgeous - as is your big boy.

Cathy said...

lovely photo of you and Ayden - I can just imagine how proud you are of him. My 16 year old son is also 6'3" - how fast they grow.

Happy Mothers Day - and I did see you in the distance at the show - would have loved a chat. Next time xx

Stephanie said...

You'll look back on this photo in 10 or 20 years and have a wonderful memory. My what a TALL boy you have!

Jan said...

You and Ayden look so gorgeous, Rachel! You and Matt must have been so proud on the night. Love the little tops.

Jantine said...

Your eldest is really getting grown up! Those cardigans are lovely, Maya will love them! Have a good trip on the train!

Whosies said...

what a great mother's day treat! love the little sweaters. perfect for any weather too.

http://patchworkposse.com

Liesl said...

The cardigans are very sweet. I think I have seen the shape (or height) of things to come in my house. I am just enjoying being taller than my two little boys for a while!

Leonie said...

the cardigans are gorgeous. I have just downloaded the pattern and will be off to get some wool - these will be perfect for our 'not to cold' winter in Brisbane.

Linda said...

what a gorgeous photo of you both! What a handsome young man you have there! fighting off the girls I bet! Love the cute jackets too very pretty

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...