Sunday, June 6, 2010

How new shoes saved me from boredom...

On Friday I was travelling by train to Melbourne for work, a 2 and a half hour trip return. I had some communter knitting with me.

The minute I dragged my knitting out of my bag, the bamboo knitting needle snapped at the base. But because I wore new shoes to Melbourne I had packed bandaids too, and just like MacGyver I pulled them out and joined the break with two strips of bandaids. Ahha!

There has been a bit of sewing done too. Keep your eye on Quilt Fabric Delights for a tutorial soon.

10 comments:

Maree: said...

Lol..Great Thinking..
cheers

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Brilliant innovation Rachel! Just imagine how frustrating it would have been if you hadn't been able to knit on the journey! Very smart shoes too!!! Lucy x

Jodie said...

Rachel, you now our friend shabby? Well you may just have earnt yourself a new nickname !!!

peppermintpatcher said...

well... Lucky you're such a quick thinker.

make it perfect said...

haha - go rachel! cute new shoes too :)

trash said...

So are you changing your blog name to 'Four wise monkeys and McGyver'?

Calidore said...

Brilliant Rachel. Got to laugh at the thought of you sitting on the train putting a bandaid on your knitting needles. Did anyone ask what you where doing????? Love the shoes too.

our shabby cottage said...

Were you a girl guide? Nothing like being prepared!!!

suz said...

Bandaids - duct tape's cousin!

Whosies said...

too funny- i love that guy!

stop on by and promote your crafty blog-- http://www.sewhelpmedesign.com/2010/06/click-and-promote-week-promote-your-blog-and-craft-website/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...