Sunday, July 11, 2010

Around the block ~ For Annie and Becky

Okay, it's my first go at making a mosaic and I've got a bit to learn...

This weekend it's been miserable at wet, so wet that I have caught up on some sewing and Matt has been cooking. Nice! I don't think I have been late for Around the Block month before and I hate to miss deadlines, so I am very happy to have completed these blocks for Annie and Becky.


The top two blocks are for Annie's circle theme. Black fabric is a challenge for me, and circles something a bit different. I ended up tea dying the fabric on the flying geese block after a small disaster and no having any more of Annies backgound fabric. Can't wait to see your quilt Annie!

Becky requested wonky blocks for her little boy's big bed - when he gets there. I love making wonky blocks and it was such a shame to have to wait to start on these. The theme was wonky, quirky and fun. More to see on Around the Block here.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Just amazing Rachael - thank you so much!

Jodie said...

Love those circles...The flickr group is full of inspiration

Chookyblue...... said...

the blocks look good Rachel........

ecoMILF said...

Love them all- the fabrics are so fun!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...