Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bloggers Quilt Festival 2010 ~ Love and Kissez


For the Bloggers Quilt Festival I think I have picked the most difficult quilt to photograph,  but it's one of my favorites.  The quilt comes from a pattern called Sealed with Love and Kissez by Jan Mullen from Stargazy Quilts,  and most of the fabrics are designed by Jan too.  I made this quilt in 2005 when I was pregnant with Maya.   This was the first "girls" quilt that I had made.  I love wonkiness and improvised blocks and most of it was pieced late at night with a bit of a difficult pregnancy.


The kids love this quilt and its out everyday.  The barbie bucket is tipped out regularly on it and so are the tubs of lego.

Read more about the stories behind quilts here.

13 comments:

Jan said...

What a fun quilt, Rachel. I have difficulty cutting and sewing straight, so in my case wonkiness happens without trying! Love those bright colours.

Amanda said...

I have made a heap of Jan's quilt most of them for the quilt shop where I use to work so I don't have them to show but I have got a version the hearts from hugs and kisses and wonky stargazey stars, which was my son's first bed quilt.

Linda said...

This is such a beautiful and happy quilt! I love the colors. It sounds like your kids do too.

Riel said...

Wonderful bright colours ... I can totally understand why your kids love this quilt!

Barb said...

Fun colorful quilt. I love those brights!

Miri said...

Great fun, colorful quilt! I'm sure the kids love it!

Jantine said...

Beautiful quilt, love the wonkiness!

RuffHaven said...

This is a wonderful quilt. I love the wonky hearts. Perfect for kids and playtime.

KimT said...

love the fun colors this quilt.

Sandra said...

What a fun and funky quilt, I'm sure the kiddos enjoy it but adults would like it too. Thanks for sharing.
Hope you can come see my 1890 antique schoolhouse quilt and
black/white/pink scrappy miniature

Whosies said...

totally cute and what spunky colors!

Plum Cox said...

This quilt really sings! You'd have to be cheerful with this quilt around - lovely!

THanks for sharing!

Chris said...

Can't help but love Jan's fabric and designs. Too cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...