Monday, November 1, 2010

Maya in her Ottobre Shirt


I have a bit of a collection of Ottobre Design magazines piling up.  All the kids like flicking through them,  as they have great projects for boys as well as girls ... and Maya would like all the baby clothes for her baby doll,  not that she has much chance there!

So this is my first go at a pattern.  It is from Ottobre Autumn 4/2010 and a design called Rousku, a blouse with a front placket that didn't work for me, but pin tucks on the front and back, a bound neckline and three quarter length sleeves.  I made mine in size 110,  maybe a little small,  in Cosmo Cricket Early Bird fabric and with a button band instead of the placket.

I thought it might be nice for summer with the sleeves pushed up and some casual pants.  A bit of a scruffy photo but the weather is miserable here.

And good news ... Ayden did his year 12 Geography exam today .. and I may never have to hear whinging about Geography again.  I am sure he will achieve a very good final mark but oh,  it has been painful the last few weeks.  He says he is good at it but doesn't like it.  Shucks.

6 comments:

Jan said...

Gorgeous top, gorgeous model, crappy weather and hopefully a good mark in that geog. exam!

Andi said...

Gorgeous shirt and good luck with all the year 12 bizzo!!

Kate said...

She is one cute kid that Maya is!
I've got a bit of a pile of those mags here too.
Your gorgeous top has inspired me to have a look at them again.

Karen said...

Love the colour Rachel, your Maya is such a happy little girl.
Otto' directions sometimes leave a bit to the imagination but I love their designs and have made a lot of them.

Nikki said...

Maya is such a good little model, isn't she?

Are you counting the days until Sewjourn? I plan to make lots of little size 5 dresses and leggings!!

Maree: said...

Love the Style & the Fabric really suits Maya...
cheers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...