Tuesday, November 16, 2010

We went to Sewjourn ... and


What a great weekend!  How lucky was I to spend a long weekend with these wonderful crafty women.  A few years ago I would never have believed that I could meet so many lovely, like minded, kind and giving people as I have met through this blog. And now they are my friends!

Okay,  we only ever take the pictures a few minutes before we leave on the last day :).  It's me, Catherine, Annie, Lara, Nikki and Karen.  Blogless Megan had to leave early so missed out on getting into our group photo, which was taken by Blogless Karen who popped in for morning tea.  We missed Kathryn and Jodie too.  Nikki and Lara have written a great post each on the weekend.

We laughed and chatted, stitched and sewed, unpicked and crocheted.  And to prove it,  here is Maya in a Modkids Frida dress that I made,  using Grandmothers Flower Garden fabric designed by Rosalie Quinlan.  Another quick photo, as Maya had something important to do.  Watching Playschool I believe...

9 comments:

Becky said...

Lucky you :) It would have been a great weekend. I can't wait for SIT next year for some similar crafty fun :)

Annie said...

Rachael, that dress and that little girl is JUST GORGEOUS!!! You did a fabulous job. I wished I looked as good. Thanks for a great weekend.

Nikki said...

Oh... that dress is divine!! (And Maya is a doll!).

Thanks for sharing a wonderful stitchy weekend. It was just perfect!

thornberry said...

It was just wonderful and wow, check out that dress on Maya! Too perfect for words (I should have stolen the frock while I had the chance). I've booked us in again for next November!

Marina said...

Your little girl looks like such a sweetie - a very cooperative model! The fabric combo for the dress is lovely.

Jantine said...

SOunds like lots of fun. Too bad I live at the other end of the world ;-). Love the dress! Looks like it is warming up at yours!

Farmyard Crafts said...

Sounds like a great time together! Lucky!! Maya's dress is gorgeous! :) Love Rosie's fabrics!

Chookyblue...... said...

always wonderful to get away with friends.........

Karen said...

Oh wow she looks so sweet in that dress Rachel - lovely!
It was so great to actually meet in real life - what a lovely weekend.
Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...