Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Spiderweb for Amy..


Just in time to make the December deadline for Around the Block II,  I've finished off this Spiderweb block for Amy.

Amy sent out fabric mostly from the Early Bird range by Cosmo Cricket with scraps in a fresh yellow, green, grey-blue and vintage red. We used a tutorial from Heather a la Mode. I enjoyed making this block as it is one that  I have been meaning to try, and much easier than I thought.   Amy's quilt should look fantastic when it is all put together.  Such a good block for a quilting bee.

Great to use up scraps and feature some novelty fabrics too.

4 comments:

Farmyard Crafts said...

It looks great,Rach. Love the novelty fabrics in it.

Jantine said...

I know, this is a fun block to sew! Started it myself in the fall and couldn't stop. Love the colors too!

Tania said...

See, it’s blocks like that, that have me all antsy and desperate to dive into some spiderwebby quilting. Um. I just need to bind that quilt that’s been hanging around for 1.5 years.

The Capps said...

Love this block! I can't wait until I can do blocks like that. Love the fabrics you used also!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...