Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday in the sunshine ..

Today was the creche family Christmas picnic.  Santa arrived in a white vintage car,  and Maya wore her Fab Frocks dress designed by Make it Perfect,  which I made at Sewjourn.  Just love the pink and orange together on this one.

It was such a surprise when the creche staff presented us with this rose "Remember Me".  I was holding back tears when I accepted it.   Saying goodbye in a couple of weeks, after 16 years is going to be very hard.


Maya came home with a Charlie and Lola book from Santa.  She is pretty pleased too.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my goodness, does that mean school next year?
I love the orange and pink in the gorgeous dress too.

Nikki said...

She looks very pleased, indeed!

I bet there's few tears to be shed at the school gate, too..... (I'll be in floods for my baby's first few weeks...)

Jodie said...

Sixteen years, You are probably one of their longest members... maya must be so excited to be heading off to school.

Maree: said...

That's a long time to be going to the same place...Roll on a New Beginning for Maya who looks Too Pretty in her New Dress...
cheers

Jan said...

Gorgeous dress, Rachel: I bet Maya has always been the best-dressed kid at creche. And I'm sure there will be a few teary moments from both you and Maya, even though she's heading for new excitement.

Whosies said...

pink and orange is not one that is usually combined-- not sure why. love it!

Chocolate Cat said...

What a special gift from the staff. I am sure they will miss your family as much as you will miss them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...