Friday, January 14, 2011

Auction ~ Queensland Flood Appeal ~ Baby Quilt and Bag



With the rains and devastation continuing in Queensland, I couldn't wait until Monday to get my Auction up and running. I hope we can donate and help as much as possible. 

Thank you so much to Toni,  for organising the fundraising initiative.  My heart is warmed to see bloggers all over the world once again dig deep to support those in Australia.
 

 The Auction is for the Baby Quilt which measures 39" square along with the "It's an Adventure" bag.  The quilt has been quilted with a decorative machine stitch in a diamond pattern,  and on the back is a pale dusky blue backing.


The bag features a patchwork front and back panel,  with hand quilting in a diamond pattern using blue dmc thread.  On the front the words "It's an Adventure" have been embroidered in a dark blue dmc thread.  I have appliqued a rocket with two little bear adventures peeping out,  and several stars.

 The back of the bag shows the patchwork detail.  The bag is quite large and measures 16" h x 15.5" w excluding the handles.  The interior is lined with a yellow and white stripe fabric and it closes with a magnetic closure.  This bag was featured in Australian Homespun Magazine and was shown on the front cover of issue 9.12

How this auction works:
1. Bidding will start at $30 (Australian).

2. You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address. Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.

3. Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.
4. This auction is open to everyone and POSTAGE is INCLUDED. Yes, even international postage.

5. The auction begins NOW and will END at midnight on Monday 24th January 2011, my Australian time.

6. At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address). The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email. Once proof of payment has been received, I will post your bag and quilt to you.

7. Thank you for participating and happy bidding!

12 comments:

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Awesome Rachel! $50 :)

make it perfect said...

SO cute!
$50

Emma said...

$60
save me having to make a quilt for the new nephew!
emma

Farmyard Crafts said...

Fantastic job, Rachel.
$100

Virginia said...

Fantastic! I bid $120 :)

Flutterby Angel said...

Hello Rachel
Great job - very generous!

I'd like to bid $130.00

Vanessa :)

Anonymous said...

My bid $200.00 for a great cause.

rachelmp said...

Sorry Anonymous, but I can't count your bid without an email address and name, so bidding stays at $130 until then - I would love you to re-bid though x Rachel

R Harrison said...

Sorry about the last bid,I bid $200.00,thank you.

Sharon said...

What a wonderful gift you are giving to use I would like to bid AUD$250.00

Nic said...

Unfortunately I can't afford to make a bid above $250 but i just wanted to post and say how much I love that quilt! It's just gorgeous. Is the pattern available to buy?

Robyn Harrison said...

I'll raise my bid to $280.00,as I have a new grandson and it would be beautiful for him. Robyn Harrison

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...