Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Australia Day 2011


Congratulations to Robyn, who was the winner of the Queensland Flood Appeal Auction.  I hope your new grandson enjoys your new quilt and bag and thank you so much for your generosity, Robyn.  Another $280 to help assist our community and a special thanks to Toni and Carli for organising the auctions to raise $99,089.  Awesome!

Well,  it's Australia Day here, and we have spent it traditionally listening to the Triple J Hottest 100.  Music is pretty big in our family and I guess we will forever be listening to the "youth radio" station :)

I've made a start on the first Block-a-Palooza block with a tutorial up a Quilt  Dad.  These Wildwood fabrics by Erin Morris are all from the stash.  I'm getting there!

3 comments:

Mandalin said...

That is a great block isn't it? Yours sure is pretty! I was sorely tempted to join in, but had just signed up for the Single Girl Quilt along. My lesson for 2011 is not to over stretch myself. Although *light bulb moment* I could do it for my 3x6 bee!!

Wendy said...

That's such a fab block! I really like the fabrics and the way it looks all complete.

Jodie said...

What did you think..personally I was happy with No. 1 but seriously who voted for the magic fountain song ???

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...