Sunday, February 6, 2011

Block-a-Palooza Blocks 2,3 & 4


This been a big week,  with all the kids back at school and me back to work.  Lots of new routines and even more changes this week.

Gradually I have been working through the Block-a-Palooza blocks.  Block two is called "Word Search" and took me ages and can be downloaded here from Oh, Fransson.  81 little 2" squares,  that were trimmed after they were sewn into 9 patches.  I am pleased with it now its done!


Block three is called "Shoo fly Geese" and can be downloaded here.  A quick, fun block to make and nice to add a bit of green to my blocks too.


Block four is named "Gingham Pinwheel" and can be downloaded here from Lizzy House.  This one came together quickly too. 

These blocks are all sized 12" finished and would make great donation blocks for Corrie at Retromummy's Flood Appeal.   My plan is to donate the finished quilt or quilt top to this cause.  The Wildwood fabrics remind me of Queensland too.

See more inspirational blocks at the flickr group here.

6 comments:

Nic said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to see them made up into a quilt. Very generous to donate it too :)

thornberry said...

They're all lovely! I was very tempted to take part in the Block-a-Palooza too, but this time I knew my limits! I'll possibly do it later in the year.
Glad to hear you're getting back into routine! Lots of changes and excitement for all your family this year.

shez said...

Love the fabrics Rachel and love your blog.
cheers Shez
http://shez-enjoyinglife.blogspot.com

Calidore said...

Gorgeous blocks Rachel. Love the fabrics - so very cheerful. Hope the kids enjoyed school. Not sure if mine did but I enjoyed a day of peace...wicked grin.

Farmyard Crafts said...

How fresh and gorgeous! They look great, Rach!

Jantine said...

You found time to sew, that is so great! Enjoy!
The blocks look great and I really wonder what they will look like together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...