Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Maya's Panda Bag ..


Poor Maya came home with a borrowed library bag last week.  I had such good  intentions but was caught up in everything else,  including making library bags for two of my nieces who started school last week too.  Now you know it,  I'm not perfect :)


So before this weeks library lesson,  the Panda bag was finished.  A simple drawstring bag, with a yellow spot fabric from my stash lining it,  and felt to make the appliqued panda. 

I checked a few times to make sure Maya really did want a bag that would be different to the other kids and that she did want a panda appliqued to the front.  She did.  Kane gave his stamp of approval too.  I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Thanks too,  Jodie for the gifted felt.  Beautiful to work with.

7 comments:

Jan said...

Now all the kids at school will want one, Rachel!

Chocolate Cat said...

What a gorgeous bag, worth waiting for I would think.

Kate said...

It turned out beautifully Rachel. Great job!

Michelle @ The Crafty Little Fox said...

Hmm! I think I have one little niece who would just gobble that up. She is obsessed with Pandas. Are you in Ballarat too?

Farmyard Crafts said...

Cute! I bet everyone will love it and want one now!!

Karen said...

Who wouldn't want him/her for their library bag - very sweet Rachel.

Kate said...

Love the panda!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...