Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Creative Space .. Honey Cowl

I've joined my creative space today with my knitting.  I rarely blog my knitting and thought I really should.  The kids think I mad knitting a "neck warmer" in summer,  especially when I pull it out at the University pool during swimming lessons.  You know how it is,  more about having something to do with your hands that what you are creating sometimes.  That's knitting for me.  This is the Honey Cowl,  a free pattern from Madelinetosh.  I've cast on 160 stitches for a mid sized cowl and it is a very easy knit.

More creative spaces here.

Of course I am a proud mama,  so excuse the bad photo,  last Friday was Ayden's formal welcome to the school as Yr 12 Environment Leader.

11 comments:

Calidore said...

Love the cowl Rachel and I don't think you are mad for knitting while at swimming. I do it to...vbg. Now I have just realised I need to find something to knit at the Doctors tomorrow as it's bound to be a 2 hour wait to see him...sigh. Lovely photo of Ayden - my goodness he has grown so much since I last saw him. Quite the young man now.

Farmyard Crafts said...

Awesome cowl... love the colour. I don't think you're mad either for knitting winter stuff while at swimming. Got to make the most of every minute!

Kelly @ Polkadot Lane said...

I'm the same - love to have something in my hands and knitting or crochet seem to be the most portable. Your cowl is looking lovely, and the colour is so nice.

Kate said...

We ended up visiting the Eureka pool once over the summer and I looked for you the whole time as I was knitting away at my wooly cardi. What a shame you didn't come that day. We could have had a fine time knitting together.
I love the look of that neck warmer by the way.

Sue said...

The cowl looks beautiful. I always need to have something on the needles so I can keep my hands busy!

Maree: said...

Congratulations to Ayden on his Achievement...
Love the Cowl...I use to take knitting & stitching to all my kids after school stuff..it's amazing how much you get done.
cheers

Chocolate Cat said...

Love the color of your cowl. What a proud Mum moment, Congratulations to Ayden, it will be a big year for him (and you!) but it will be rewarding as well. Enjoy.

Tania said...

I love that cowl pattern - you might have just tipped it on to the to do pile, I reckon.

Um. How do you breed your Aydens so TALL? (types the Short One)...

Jan said...

Love the cowl, Rachel; I might just have to be a copycat!

WendyBee said...

Your knitting is so pretty. And btw, there are few times that aren't improved by a little knitting.

sophie said...

Fantastic - what an awesome young man!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...