Saturday, April 30, 2011

On Your Toes .. Socks for Kane..


I did a trade with Kane a few weeks ago.  He would sort and size a bunch of dpn's that I had bought from the Op Shop and in exchange I would knit him a pair of socks.  I think he must have been reading over my shoulder when I've been reading Lucy's and Lesley's blogs :)

So my first go was these toe up socks.  The first sock has a few mistakes but the second one turned out really well.  There is a bit of room to grow in the toes.  I'm not silly!  Up on Ravelry here


And Kane's choice of photo styling... with a box.  Kids!

4 comments:

Shari said...

The socks look lovely and warm. And a creative, gorgeous model to boot...

Annie said...

LOVE the box shot - great knitting Rach

Calidore said...

Well done on the socks Rachel. I'm in awe of your talents. Despite lots of tries I still can't manage toe up socks. Cuff down is easier for me...vbg. Love the photos of Kane - the box one is particularly stylish...vbg.

Locket Pocket said...

They're fabulous socks Rachel - I can't believe you managed to do toe up socks as your very first pair! I'm too scared to try toe up! And the box photo is absolutely brilliant! Lucy xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...