Sunday, May 29, 2011

Around the Block ~ Louise and Sheridan


With the dark and miserable weather,  I still haven't managed to photograph my post-sewjourn projects.  I'll get there!  It was another fantastic weekend with the girls,  full of inspiration,  laughs and even a bit of sewing.

This year has been a real struggle with all the kids at school and work being crazy as usual,  and not so much sewing has been done.  I've fallen a bit behind with Around the Block but hopefully I will be catching up over the next few weeks and back in front again.


The two blocks in sweet red, white and blue fabric are for Louise,  who requested 10.5" blocks with a star or whirligig theme.  I may have missed the mark a bit with my first block which looked like it had more movement in my book,  but I have my fingers crossed that they will both work in a toddlers quilt for Louise's son.


The second block is for Sheridan, who requested a 14.5" block in a Mondrian style.  I enjoyed making this block and doing my best to balance out the strong colours and all the white.  Sheridan asked for a "less is more" approach which is a bit of a struggle for a "love that detail" person like me.  I'm pleased with this bold block though and I think the finished quilt will be striking.

3 comments:

Karen said...

These are both going to look great Rach - but I really can't wait to see Sheridan's quilt, such a great concept.

Chookyblue...... said...

nice blocks.........esp the red and blue

Farmyard Crafts said...

Gorgeous blocks, Rachel... I really really love the red and blue ones. I think they will suit the brief!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...