Monday, May 30, 2011

My Stashbusting 2011..


At the start of the year,  I pledged that I was going to reduce my stash by using or giving away 1.5 metres of fabric for every one that I bought or was given.  I had to keep it realistic. 

Also,  I don't count dress making fabric that I may occasionally buy,  or fabrics sent to me to use for a tutorial,  which in accounting terms,  I call "fabric in,  fabric out".  That fabric isn't going to get out of control and fill my whole laundry!

So the pic above is all the fabric that I have bought or been given this year,  just over 8 metres.  I have plans for all of it.  There is a bit of new Denyse Schmidt from Spotlight this weekend, fabric tied in  bow from Sew Mama Sew in exchange for a tutorial,  a bit of Sherbet Pips and Riley Blake from Ballarat Patchwork I couldn't resist.

I've given away or used over 30 m of fabric so far.  I can nearly close the laundry door...

I have bought a bit of a stash of wool this year though.. and I'm trying to keep my stash on ravelry up to date too.

4 comments:

Farmyard Crafts said...

Wow, you've done well then!! I can't comment on the amount I've bought and the amount I have(n't!) used yet!

Karen said...

You're so organised Rach!!
I picked up several of those DS prints because I really liked the colours but put them back because I thought "I have enough!"

Annie said...

Rachael, thanks so much for the fabric you gave me. I have a little snippet on my blog, I have made a small quilt for a friend who has just lost her dad - I will be happy to wrap her in it.

Kate quilts... said...

Oh, you've done well. I have bought (ahem) 27.5m of DS Quilts from Spotlight - and my friend sent me 17 yds from the States. Oh dear.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...