Saturday, June 4, 2011

Matryoshka Doll Quilt ..


A week or so ago I picked up this quilt from Emma at Ballarat Patchwork.  Way back here in 2009 I sewed the quilt top as a shop sample and Emma put it together and quilted it beautifully.


The Quilt has been up in the shop and travelled around for various quilt shows in Victoria.  Have you seen it in person?  Emma said that once she had finished with it,  it could come back home for Maya - who didn't want to let it to go to the shop.  Of course,  like most 5 year olds,  Maya has the memory of an elephant and quickly claimed it for her bed - it's a large single bed sized quilt.

I've had quite a few emails from people who have found my original post asking if they could buy the quilt, which I couldn't do,  but anyone interested in making their own version,  the pattern is called Matryoshka Quilt by Rosalie Quinlan Designs and the fabrics are Lecien Flower Sugar.

10 comments:

Jan said...

Oh, I've noticed and admired that quilt so many times but didn't realise it was yours, Rachel. Bet you and Maya are glad it is home at last.

Christine said...

Beautiful ... I can understand why people want to buy it.

Maree: said...

So Glad Maya has Claimed it Back it is Just Gorgeous for a Little Girl...
cheers

Karen said...

Gorgeous Rach - I am going to send the link to this post to my Mum as last week she received her copy of this pattern to make it for our smallest for Christmas!
Glad yours is safely back home!

Kristy said...

That is so beautiful!

Andi said...

Aaaaah ... back where it belongs!!
xx

Farmyard Crafts said...

It's gorgeous!! I bet Maya will never part with it now!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Gorgeous quilt Rachel - how wonderful to have it home after all that time.

Jantine said...

I can see why MAya wants it on her bed, it is a great quilt for big girls! Lucky her it can be hers now!

Corrie said...

gorgeous! I've got the pattern and know one of my girls would love me to make it! must be nice having it home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...