Friday, June 24, 2011

Pinwheels in the Park ~ Tutorial


I'm pleased to share a new tutorial for you,  which is up on Sew Mama Sew now as a part of their Summer Sewing month.  It was pretty hard to take a summery pic here in Ballarat while it's been cold, wet and windy but thankfully it all came together at the end.




I was inspired to make this quilt after seeing a block made by Becky for Around the Block.  Thanks Becky for the permission to work from your idea.




I've used a cute fabric from the "Sugar and Spice" range by Riley Blake fabric, quilted it with my favourite decorate stitch on my sewing machine and given it a good wash and tumble dry after these pics were done!  Finished size is 71” x 54 ½”.


So go and visit Beth and Kirsten at Sew Mama Sew to download the pattern,  and since there is no more room at home,  you can find the quilt up for sale on Ebay here

12 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Awesome tutorial Rachel!! Very colourful and fun quilt.

Calidore said...

Stunning Quilt Rachel. Well done.

Jan said...

So fresh and lovely, Rachel.

Kristy said...

Beautiful!!!

Kate said...

Gorgeous quilt!

Becky said...

It looks lovely, well done Rachel :)

Christine said...

Love pinwheels and the fabric you've used ... a very pretty quilt.

Elaine said...

Hi Rachel - love this block. Could you please let me know what the finished block size is? I'd love to make the block for a bee. Thanks!

miamihoney said...

Wonderful quilt! Love the color combo and design.

CountryBelle said...

Love It! On my list for one of my next quilts. Found you on Ucreate! Newest follower too!

Debbie B Sam said...

Thank you! I had an unexpected day off yesterday and completed this quilt top! I messed up and didn't use 2 different fabrics for the larger part of the pinwheel, but still love it just the same :)

Our little family said...

How big are the pinwheel squares when they are finished? I am trying to figure out how to convert this pattern into a twin size quilt. I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...