Monday, June 13, 2011

Pixie and the Princess ..


A few weeks ago,  Kane told us his friend Daisy's guinea pigs had babies,  9 of them!  Yes, we gave in to the hints. begging and pleading and told Kane and Maya they could have one each - both females.


Kane has pestered Daisy's mum at the school gate nearly every day for information on the guinea pigs, and we have been up to their place for a visit.  He has tormented Daisy every day in class too with questions. 

Well, they are 8 weeks old now and they came home last night.  Kane did a lot of googling to find a good name for a guinea pig,  Pixie,  and Maya has named hers Princess Guinea Pig.   The kids are working pretty hard on taming them now,  and they are a pretty good distraction for Ayden who is supposed to be studying for mid year exams.

7 comments:

Tania said...

I finally gave in to three years of bunny pestering last December and only realised at the last second that bunny would need a pal. Enter Guinsea. Aka Stripe. The guinea pig with a blooming ouchie bite and a squeak that sends the dog batty. Hope all is settling in smoothly 'round at yours...

Little Munchkins said...

I have so far resisted guinea pigs. I hope it stays that way! Having said that, guinea pigs are really cute and my primary school had them and I remember playing with them.

I can see the Maya dress on...Maya! I think I will make a long sleeved version with thicker knits for winter. I love that pattern.

Allison said...

I have 15 guinea pigs, all girls. I LURVE guinea pigs!!

Please head on over to the Australian Cavy Sanctuary for information, if you need any that is.

They have articles and care guides and a forum too, should you need to ask questions.

http://australiancavysanctuary.com/index2new.html

I'm a member there too, so sing out if you want to know anything.

And I love the names, give Pixie and Princess a scritch on the head from me.

Farmyard Crafts said...

How fun!! Missy Moo would say "dirty stinkin' guinea pigs" (no idea why she thinks that!)... !! The kids will have loads of fun with them!

Farmyard Crafts said...

How fun!! Missy Moo would say "dirty stinkin' guinea pigs" (no idea why she thinks that!)... !! The kids will have loads of fun with them!

our shabby cottage said...

Oh, they look so happy Rachel, it will be good for them!

Annie said...

The kids are going to love them Rach - gorgeous photos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...