Thursday, August 18, 2011

Christmas in July .. and a Quiltalong


It's great to be able to show the projects I designed for Christmas in July at Quilt Fabric Delights.  This pair of cushions could be made in any colour combination,  but they worked well as a modern look, decorator cushion for Christmas.  Thanks to Emma for helping me style the pic too.


I also made a little drawstring bag called Gingersnap,  as you can make it in a snap! I like to make the kids teachers little bags at Christmas with a box of chocolates inside.  A few teachers have a bit of a collection now as they have taught the kids over the years.  This little pattern can also make a quick gift bag with a fussy cut feature fabric or a different stitchery added to the centre.


I'm a bit late in blogging this, but Kerri at Lovely Little Handmades and Andrea at Knitty Bitties have been posting a quiltalong using my Picnic in the Park tutorial that I designed for Sew Mama Sew.  It's not too late to join in,  as this quilt will come together quicker than you would think!   Have a look at the beautiful versions that Kerri and Andrea have on the go.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Great styling Miss Emma,
perfect looking points there Rach...I'm ignoring Christmas for now.

Tami said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your pinwheels in the park pattern. The one I am making now is for myself and I can see making some more as gifts. Thanks so much for the wonderful pattern.

Glad to find your blog. Your kids are adorable.

Posie Patchwork said...

Never too early to start on Christmas projects, great work, love Posie

Annelein said...

A long time ago I made the lovely stitchery of the Russian Dolls. Today I show them to the rest of the world. Mentioning your blog and pattern.

Thanx for sharing this great pattern with the rest of the world.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...