Friday, August 12, 2011

I made some stuff for the kids!


Last weekend I bought out the overlocker, ball point needle and took a big breathe .. stretch sewing.  Toni at Make it Perfect had a new pattern to test called Basic Tee's with a fitted version for girls with gathered sleeves,  and a straighter version for boys.  I have to say I love this pattern.  The kids live in easy care stretch tops, and there are options for long sleeved and short sleeves too.  I think they turned out well and I've ordered some more fabric to have a go with some stripey sleeves like Toni's versions. It wasn't so scary after all!

I also love that the "Big" version includes the pattern for both boys and girls, and goes from size 6 to size 10.  That means I can sew for three kids from the one pattern.  Great value.  I made Kane the straight version in size 8,  and I made Maya the double layered sleeves version in size 6.


Back in June I finished this knitted hoodie for Kane. I finally managed to weave in the last couple of ends and block it last week.  I was getting a bit worried, as Kane has had a bit of a growth spurt but it fits fine.  Details are up on Ravelry here.

5 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

I haven't tried any stretch sewing for years!!!! You were brave but you got fantastic results.

Nikki said...

Stretch sewing isso easy and forgiving - I always wonder why people are scared of it. Your kids look very happy in their new clobber - I think we call it a success!!

LOVE the knitted hoodie and so glad it still fits (always a concern when knitting for growing kids....).

Andi said...

Love your work!!!

Annie said...

They look fantastic Rach - well done - I need to get back to my PJ Making

Jantine said...

Sewing stretch tops is very brave! They turned out great, well done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...