Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cathedral Windows block ..


This block for AJ was my last block for Around the Block.  It's been a fantastic quilting bee for the past 2 years and I have enjoyed every minute of it.  I've made friends, learn't some new skill and received some beautiful blocks back.


Can you see why I left this one until last?  I think most of us did!   I surprised myself by finding this block a lot simplier that it looked and I was pleased with the result.  AJ has a tutorial here to make the Cathedral Window,  and it's well worth a try.

4 comments:

Calidore said...

Ohh stunning Rachel and thanks for the link to the tutorial. It looks complicated but sounds fascinating and I'm thinking I might just have to try that one tomorrow. Another cushion here I come....vbg.

Jodie said...

It looks great (and very very tricky)

Copper Patch said...

I too was surprised that it wasn't as difficult as it seemed. This bee made me stretch my skills which has been a great thing as I'd never have tried a block like this otherwise. Yours looks great!
Ab

Sally said...

Your blocks look fantastic... and yep... very tricky. (I'm not sure I believe you that it was easier than it looks!) Certainly worth the effort. BRAVO!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...