Saturday, September 3, 2011

The good and the major fail ..


What a big week!  On Wednesday Kane celebrated his 9th birthday.  We had a busy night with Maya performing "Happy Little Vegemite" at school in the evening as part of the Kinder to Grade 2 presentations leaving Kane having his birthday dinner fairly late.  He had to wait until Friday night to ride his new bike as the week has been that busy. Kane has a fantastic party with his mates on Thursday.  Lots of big ticks there.


And my big fail.  I had finished all these blocks for Gillian for Around the Block.  I thought that the tricky bit would be cutting a circle 6.25 inches across. 

When I had the raw edge blocks all sewn together and trimmed I re-read Gillian's instructions and found that I had sewn too close to the raw edge.  I couldn't live with it and with my sulkiest face on I unpicked all the blocks.  It's put me behind and my seam allowance on the inside is going to be a bit small now too.  Back to the sewing machine I go.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh bugger. Unpicking. Hope the next go goes swimmingly...

Calidore said...

Happy Birthday Kane. I hope it was a wonderful day and the bike was worth the wait. Well done Maya on your performance too. Bet you did a fantastic job.

Opps on the unpicking Rachel. Hope it went smoothly and you were able to get the blocks done.

PS Can't imagine you with a sulky face. ; - )

Maree: said...

Never Mind I think we've all done something like that at sometime or an other...
Hope it works out for you this time...
cheers

Chocolate Cat said...

Sounds like Kane had a lovely Birthday. Oops.....

Sewandthecity said...

Hi Rachel, I have been following your blog for a while now and it is lovely! I wanted to give you a Butterfly Award. You can pick it up here http://www.sewandthecity.blogspot.com/2011/09/so-exciting.html
All the best, Irina

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...