Saturday, September 24, 2011

Maya's 6th Birthday


Maya turned 6 today!  So exciting to be a big 6 year old girl.  We held her birthday party yesterday she had so much fun with her friends. Maya wore the Jump Rope dress by Oliver + S that I made,  but unfortunately I haven't got a very clear pic of it.  I'll try again next time Maya wears it.  

Maya had lots of lovely compliments on her dress,  and I even admitted to making it to two of the mums (one who knew I sewed as she recognised my name from a book I had pattern tested for).  I wish this pattern wasn't discontinued as I am sure there is still the demand of a classical styled dress like this.


Today we did so many of the things Maya enjoys.  She opened all her presents from us and from her party then we went off to the wildlife park,  where Maya and her brothers had the chance to pat a snake, koala and a 10 month old wombat and have a run around in the park.


Dinner at McDonald's and home for ice cream cake and her choice of DVD, Fantastic Mr Fox to finish the day.  Happy Birthday, Trouble and I hope every minute of being 6 is a lot of fun!

8 comments:

The Farmyard said...

Her dress is gorgeous! We might be commissioning you for some for Miss A!! Happy Birthday to Maya!

Locket Pocket said...

Happy Birthday Maya! Love your new dress! Lucy x

Annie said...

Happy birthday to a gorgeous girl

Chocolate Cat said...

What a great way to celebrate a 6th Birthday and what a cute dress!

Calidore said...

Happy Birthday Maya. Looks and sounds like you had a fabulous day. Love your dress too and Mum is right - those kinds of patterns should never be discontinued. They are classics.

make it perfect said...

She is just beautiful Rachel! Love the dress SO much, it really suits her :)
Glad Maya had a wonderful birthday!

Jantine said...

Gorgeous dress. I just love it! Congratulations on your BIG girl and I hope for a happy and lovely new year for her!

Margaret said...

You are right about demand for that pattern!! My daughter just started school in Switzerland, we previously lived in Australia so she grew up expecting to wear a uniform. I think in the right fabric is would make a lovely uniform substitute for her. I looked everywhere for a pattern, even considered buying the smaller size and trying to upscale but i just don't think my sewing skills are up to it! Lovely dress.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...